The Combined Effects of Various Functions of Humic Acid
- Humic acid is an organic colloidal substance with water absorption and water storage function. The humic acid cation exchange amount is large, and has strong adsorption buffering property and chelation ability, which can improve the nutrient utilization rate in the soil and buffer the acid-base damage. Humic acid is an organic macromolecular colloid. It has strong water absorption and water storage functions. The water absorption rate of clay particles is generally 50%-60%, while the water absorption rate of humic acid substances can reach 500%-600%. Therefore, using humus Acid fertilizers help to improve soil moisture.
- Humic acid can improve soil structure. The organic-inorganic composite is determined by the soil fertility. The inorganic mineral colloid generally has a content of more than 95% in the soil. It has certain influence on the soil basic fertilizer and cannot be changed by artificial measures. The organic colloid is a humic acid substance. It only accounts for about 5% of organic-inorganic composites, but it has the same important role as mineral colloids, and can be controlled by artificial measures, using organic fertilizers, using humic acid soil improvers and soil-improving fertilizers to increase soil. The content of internal humic acid and humic acid become the binder formed by the structure of soil aggregates, which improves the organic-inorganic complex of soil, increases the large-size water-stable agglomerates of soil, and improves the soil structure. Therefore, The application of humic acid fertilizers can effectively improve the physical structure of various soils. Therefore, humic acid is said to be a good soil conditioner.
- Foliar spray application of humic acid liquid fertilizer, can reduce stomatal conductance, reduce water transpiration and loss. According to the test of wheat spraying fulvic acid, the leaf stomatal conductance of wheat was reduced by 33.7% compared with the control. According to the Henan Academy of Agricultural Sciences, spraying wheat with fulvic acid not only reduced the stomatal conductance of the leaves, but also reduced the stomatal opening of the wheat and closed the stomatal, and also provided nutrients for the wheat.
- Humic acid can stimulate the growth of crop roots and enhance the water absorption capacity of roots. Humic acid contains a variety of chemically active and biologically active functional groups, which stimulate the growth and development of crops, allowing early seed germination, early emergence, early flowering, early fruit setting, and also increase root length, root weight and root activity. To enhance the ability of crop roots to absorb nutrients and water.
- Humic acid can enhance the physiological regulation function of plants and improve the cold resistance of crops. Application of humic acid fertilizer can enhance the activity of enzymes in soil and plants, regulate the physiological and metabolic functions of crops, and enhance the adaptability of crops to adverse environmental conditions.
In summary, humic acid and humic acid fertilizers can improve soil structure, improve soil physical and chemical properties, enhance soil water retention and fertilizer retention, stimulate root growth and development, increase water absorption capacity, and reduce leaf water transpiration and loss. To enhance the ability of crops to resist adverse environments and improve the utilization of water and nutrients.