Common Problems in Organic Fertilizer Fermentation
First. Slow heating: the heap does not heat up or heats up slowly. Possible reason and solutions:
1. The raw material is too wet: adding some dry material according to the ratio of the materials, then stirring and fermentation.
2. The raw material is too dry: according to the humidity, adding water or moist materials, the moisture maintains at 45%-55%.
3. There is not enough nitrogen source: adding ammonium sulfate with high nitrogen content to maintain the carbon to nitrogen ratio at 20:1.
4. The pile is too small or the weather is too cold: stack the pile and add easily degradable materials such as corn stover.
5. The pH is too low: when the pH value is less than 5.5, lime or wood ash can be added to stir evenly to adjust the pH of the fermentation reactor.
Second. High stack temperature: The stack temperature is ≥65 °C during fermentation. Possible reason and solutions:
1. Poor gas permeability: turn over regularly to increase the permeability of the fermenter.
2. The pile is too large: reduce the size of the pile.
Third. There is a smell: there is a smell of rotten eggs or a stinky smell from the pile. Possible reason and solutions:
1. The content of ammonia is too high (C/N is less than 20): Deodorization is used to disinfect and deodorize, and substances with high carbon content such as crop straw, peanut shell, rice husk and the like are added.
2. The pH value is too high: adding an acidic substance (calcium phosphate) lowers the pH value to avoid the use of alkaline components (lime).
3. Uneven ventilation or poor airflow: remix the mixture and change the formula.
4. Material stacking is too dense: remixing the heap adds bulk material as appropriate to the material density.
5. Anaerobic environment: periodically turn over the pile to increase the oxygen content in the heap.
Fourth. Mosquito and fly reproduction: There are mosquitoes and breeding in the fermentation reactor. Possible reason and solutions:
1. The raw materials are stacked for too long before fermentation: the raw materials are quickly processed, and the probiotic deodorant is sprayed on the surface to reduce the odor and reduce the mosquitoes.
2. Fresh manure covers the surface of the pile to breed mosquitoes and flies: every 4-7 days, the surface of the static pile is covered with a 6cm compost layer.
Common problems in organic fertilizer fermentation
Fifth. Material agglomeration: The bulk fermentation material has large parts and the structure is inconsistent. Possible reason and solutions:
1. Inadequate mixing of raw materials or insufficient stacking: Improve the initial mixing method.
2. Uneven airflow or insufficient encirclement: sorting or smashing compost to improve air distribution.
3. Raw materials contain large and non-degradable or slow-degrading materials: sorting and composting, crushing and sorting raw materials.
4. The composting process does not end: extend the fermentation time or improve the fermentation conditions.