How to ferment chicken manure to make organic fertilizer?
Chicken manure is a good source of organic fertilizer. In addition to being rich in a large amount of organic matter and essential nutrients for plants such as nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium and other trace elements, it also contains various biological enzymes and microorganisms. So let me tell you about the fermentation process of the chicken manure.
1. Mix the starter. 1 to 1.5 tons of dry chicken manure (about 2.5 to 3.5 tons of fresh chicken manure) needs 1 kg of chicken manure starter. And per kilogram of starter needs an average of 5 to 10 kg of rice bran or corn. Stir them evenly and sprinkle into the prepared chicken manure.
2. Adjust the carbon-nitrogen ratio. The carbon-nitrogen ratio of the fermented fertilizer should be kept at 25-30:1, and the pH should be adjusted to 6-8. Due to the high carbon-nitrogen ratio of chicken manure, some straw, straw, mushroom residue, etc. should be added during fermentation.
3. Adjust the moisture of chicken manure. In the process of fermenting organic fertilizer, it is very important whether the moisture content is suitable. It should not be too high or too low. It should be kept at 60-65%.
4. Build a pile of chicken manure. When making a fermentation pile, it should not be too small or too short. Too small will affect the fermentation. The height is generally about 1.5 meters, the width is about 2 meters, and the length of the pile is more than 2 to 4 meters. The fermentation effect is better.
5. Mix well and ventilate. Chicken manure organic fertilizer fermentation aids are oxygen-consuming microorganisms, so in the fermentation process, oxygen supply measures should be increased. And it is advisable to mix well, turn frequently, and ventilate, otherwise the fermentation effect of materials will be affected by anaerobic fermentation.
6. Generally, after 48 hours of chicken manure accumulation, the temperature will rise to 50 to 60 °C, and it can reach above 65 °C on the third day. It will overturn once at this high temperature. With the help of fermentation equipment, the fermentation can be completed in about a week, so that the material can be completely deodorized, fermented and decomposed, and sterilized and insecticidal.